INDIRECT TAXATION SERVICES
Despite the various reforms carried out in the past few years, the prevailing Indirect tax regime in India is still in a state of evolution. The system is quite complex, with multi-layered levies both at the Central and State level. The Central government levies tax on goods at the point of import (Customs duty), manufacture (Excise duty), inter-state sales (Central sales tax or CST), and on provision of services (Service tax). The states, on the other hand, have been vested with powers to levy tax on sale of goods within the state (Sales tax/Value Added Tax or VAT), and on the entry of goods into the state (Entry tax), under the respective state laws.
The existing regime requires businesses to undertake careful analysis of the tax costs involved in a transaction¸ ensure adequate backup documentation to support their tax positions and constantly explore opportunities for tax optimization.
Our indirect tax professionals with their wide-ranging experience and in-depth knowledge help clients in all of these aspects.
We provide the state level Value Added Tax (VAT)/Sales Tax, Service Tax and Excise Duties.
We provide advisory services in respect of Value Added Tax (VAT)/ Sales Tax, Service Tax and Excise under the domain of Indirect taxes. The various types of services provided by our professional team handling this domain include:
- Advice on classification issues, availability of credit & other related aspects and possible tax optimization opportunities.
- VAT audits and process reviews.
- Advise on taxability of a service and classification thereof.
- Assistance in obtaining service tax rebate / refund from tax authorities.
- Assistance during service tax audits.
- Filing of periodical returns.
- Representation before income tax authorities and Tribunals.
- Preparing of opinion/ legal replies.
Why Choose Us
We are team of experienced professionals who add value to their business.
Our clients can expect: